With an unwavering dedication to creating some of the smartest, safest, and greenest vehicles on the market—while also being some of the most affordable and value-packed, too—it’s no wonder Hyundai has racked up more than a few awards over the years. Edmonton’s Go Hyundai group is proud to operate two of the finest Hyundai dealerships in the city; both of which, in the spirit of the brand, also possess an unwavering dedication for creating an unforgettable customer service experience. It’s this mentality that makes Northstar and Southtown Hyundai the premier destinations for Hyundai vehicles in Edmonton, and that makes the brand so well recognized by both its peers, and the experts in the automotive field. Read on, as we look at some of the awards Hyundai has won in the last year alone.
What awards has Hyundai won in 2019?
- 2020 Palisade named the 2019 IIHS Top Safety Pick+
- 2019 Hyundai Accent won Best New Car for Teens (under $20,000)
- 2019 Santa Fe won Best New SUV for Teens ($30,000-$35,000)
- 2020 Kona received a 2020 NHTSA 5-Star Overall Safety Rating
- 2020 Santa Fe also received a 2020 NHTSA 5-Star Overall Safety Rating
- 2019 Nexo was also named a 2019 IIHS Top Safety Pick+
- 2019 Tucson was also named a 2019 IIHS Top Safety Pick+
- 2019 Santa Fe was the Highest Ranked Midsize SUV in Initial Quality, according to J.D. Power’s 2019 U.S. Initial Quality Study
- 2019 Veloster Turbo was named a 2019 IIHS Top Safety Pick
- Both the 2019 Hyundai Ioniq PHEV and Sonata PHEV were listed in the 10 Best PHEVs under $40,000 by Kelley Blue Book
- 2020 Palisade won a 2019 Red Dot Award (for design excellence)
- Hyundai Kona Electric was the 2019 Edmunds Editors’ Choice for Best Electric Vehicle
Of course, these are just some of the awards that the brand has won in the last year. For two straight years now, the trusted consumer reporting firm J.D. Power has listed Hyundai as one of the top three brands in their Initial Quality Study, making them a brand you can count on. Over the years Hyundai has established itself as one of the leaders in the automotive industry, whether through their incredible selection of hybrid and electric vehicles, their intuitive BlueLink™ system, or just the wealth of safety features found on their vehicles. To learn more about the awards that Hyundai has won (and why you should drive one), feel free to give us a call, or check out our vehicle lineup here.