Stay connected to your family, friends, and phone, while minimizing your driving distractions, thanks to the hands-free Bluetooth® system found in your Hyundai! A wide range of Hyundai vehicles at Edmonton’s Go Hyundai are equipped with this convenient technology, allowing you to access your music, contacts, and even certain apps, thanks to both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Read on, and in just a few easy steps your smartphone will be connected to your Hyundai—just another way Hyundai makes your life, and commute, better!
Pairing a device to your Hyundai’s Bluetooth®
Pairing your smartphone to your Hyundai’s Bluetooth® system couldn’t be simpler, just follow these step-by-step instructions:
- Make sure your vehicle is off the road, and in park.
- Using your Hyundai’s infotainment screen, click ‘Setup.’
- Select the ‘Bluetooth®’ icon, then ‘Bluetooth® Connections.’
- Turn your device’s Bluetooth® on.
- Select ‘Add New’ from your infotainment screen.
- Find your vehicle’s name on your device’s screen.
- Select ‘Pair’ to connect your device.
- Click ‘Allow’ to sync your phone’s contacts with your Hyundai*.
There, it’s that easy! Your smartphone is now connected to your Hyundai via Bluetooth®. Enjoy hands-free access to music, calling, and more.
If you find that you’re having difficulty pairing to your phone, you can troubleshoot by checking for these common issues:
- Bluetooth® is turned off
- Bluetooth® isn’t enabled
- There’s signal interference or obstruction
- Your device isn’t compatible
If you’re still having issues, you can try the oldest trick in the technology book: turning it off and back on again. If that doesn’t do the trick, feel free to give us a call—while staying parked, of course.
*You must complete this step if you want to make hands-free calls or texts.
How to play your music through Bluetooth®
One of the best parts about having your smartphone connected to your Hyundai via Bluetooth® is the ability to wirelessly play your favourite music. To stream through your vehicle’s infotainment system, follow these steps:
- Press the ‘Media’ button on your infotainment screen.
- Select ‘Bluetooth® Audio’ from the list.
- Find the album or artist you want to listen to.
- Press ‘Play’ on your Hyundai’s infotainment screen.
- You can adjust the volume on both your phone or infotainment system.
There you go! In just a few simple steps you’ve got access to all your contacts, music, and more.
Still having trouble? Give us a call at either of our two Go Hyundai dealerships where we’d be happy to help you with any Hyundai-related questions, or check out the video below. As always, stay tuned to the Go Hyundai blog for more info and tips regarding all things Hyundai in Edmonton!